Trying to figure out how to obtain a medical marijuana license in California can seem like a daunting task, but Beyond/Hello can help! We've outlined steps needed to navigate the process and provided links to various state programs to keep you as informed as possible.
- In California, you can shop as a medical patient with a recommendation letter or a medical card.
- Your first step will be to fill out the Medical Marijuana ID Card Application, which can be found at https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CHSI/Pages/MMICP-Forms-and-Appeals.aspx
- Note: You'll need your medical recommendation letter, a state-issued ID, and proof of residency for this step.
- Next, you'll schedule an appointment with your County’s Health Department
- If your application is denied, you may appeal the decision to the California Department of Public Health. There are no fees for the appeals process. The appeals form can be found at https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CHSI/Pages/MMICP-Forms-and-Appeals.aspx