Trying to figure out how to obtain a medical marijuana license can seem like a daunting task, but Beyond/Hello can help! We've outlined steps needed to navigate the process, as well as provided links to various state programs to keep you as informed as possible. Please see specific state information below.
- In California, you can shop as a medical patient with a recommendation letter or a medical card.
Your first step will be to fill out the Medical Marijuana ID Card Application, which can be found at https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CHSI/Pages/MMICP-Forms-and-Appeals.aspx
- Note: You'll need your medical recommendation letter, a state-issued ID, and proof of residency for this step.
- Next, you'll schedule an appointment with your County’s Health Department
If your application is denied, you may appeal the decision to the California Department of Public Health. There are no fees for the appeals process. The appeals form can be found at https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CHSI/Pages/MMICP-Forms-and-Appeals.aspx
- To view the steps needed to qualify for medical cannabis, please visit https://beyond-hello.com/illinois-dispensaries/medical-cannabis/
- For more information from the state website, please visit https://dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/prevention-wellness/medical-cannabis/patient-application-instructions.html
- To view the steps needed to qualify/use medical cannabis, please visit https://beyond-hello.com/pennsylvania-dispensaries/medical-cannabis/
- For more information from the state website, please visit https://padohmmp.custhelp.com/app/login
- To view the steps needed to qualify/use medical cannabis, please visit https://beyond-hello.com/virginia-dispensaries/medical-cannabis/
- For more information from the state website, please visit https://www.license.dhp.virginia.gov/apply/PersonSearchResults.aspx
- Once you have your medical license, you may book an initial consult with a store prior to making your first purchase (recommended but not required). You can book this consult here: https://beyond-hello.com/virginia-dispensaries/book-consultation/
- To view the steps needed to qualify for a medical cannabis card, please visit https://ccb.nv.gov/nevada-cannabis-program/.
- The DPBH also has a FAQ area with great resources to get you started, found here: https://dpbh.nv.gov/Reg/MM-Patient-Cardholder-Registry/dta/FAQs/Medical_Marijuana_Patient_Cardholder_Registry_-_FAQs/